The MUNIO Designer Self Defense Keychain is a stylish evolution of self defense tools
that have been used successfully throughout history for protection,
and can easily empower you to fight off an attacker and escape safely.
The name MUNIO (moon-yo) comes from a Latin word meaning "I protect" or "I defend"...
and that's exactly what it can do for you and your loved ones!
MUNIO smartly integrates safety and style,
transforming a fashionable and innocent looking keychain
into an effective and versatile self defense tool.
• Stylish, flat-style kubotan (force multiplier) created by an
• Recommended by law enforcement and self defense professionals
• Easy to use and effective – Legal, non-lethal self defense solution
• Two defensive options: You can strike with the point and/or whip
with your keys
• Sharp enough to hurt an attacker... yet won't tear the lining of
your pockets or purse
• More versatile than other products against a variety of common
"street" attacks... even those from behind
• Compact and lightweight – Made of a virtually unbreakable
impact resistant ABS plastic
• Convenient and ready to use immediately
• Travel friendly fashion accessory – can be taken on an airplane
• Sleek, thin ergonomic body fits comfortably in your hand
• No risk of personal injury like pepper spray or stun guns
• Safer around small children
• Decorated on both sides with UV printed, scratch and wear
• Added benefit for women... Makes it easier to find your keys
in your purse
• A collection of 16 stunning designs to choose from...
find the one for you
• Made in the USA with a Lifetime Warranty
• Recommended by the NRA's Refuse to Be A Victim Program
Our mission is to create safer lives and safer communities
other leaders and organizations worldwide that align with our mission to create safer lives and communities.
The Story of MUNIO
As a martial arts/self defense teacher, I have trained victims of rape
and other criminal violence. Sadly, those people came to me for help after they had already been hurt… which to me, is far too late.
The story of MUNIO began with my belief that everyone should be prepared to protect themself, and have the ability to fight back effectively against an attacker.
I was so disgusted with innocent people being harmed that I felt compelled to create a solution. Something that could empower people with a personal safety advantage, without having to commit to lengthy, demanding, traditional martial arts training.
I combined my professional skills as both a martial artist and a graphic designer and merged the simplicity and versatility necessary in an effective self defense product with the appeal of “designer style.” The result was the creation of the MUNIO Designer Self Defense Keychain.
Hopefully, people will simply carry MUNIO as a fashion accessory, and never have to use it for their protection. But, in a threatening situation,
I am confident that MUNIO provides an effective self defense option.
Phil Ventrello is a passionate advocate of self defense. He is a martial arts Master Instructor (5th degree black belt) and teaches Chon-Tu Kwan (Combat) Hapkido in Erie, PA. He is a member of the American Women’s Self Defense Association, and was also inducted into the Action Martial Arts Hall of Fame for his outstanding dedication to the martial arts. Phil earned his design and graphic arts degree from Edinboro University. He owns and operates SANCTUS, an art studio which specializes in custom digital artwork for specialty products. He is a member of the Northwestern Pennsylvania Artists Association.
I pray that MUNIO's contribution to public safety will honor him. The development of MUNIO has been a long and challenging journey.
I owe my deepest thanks to my parents, my family and Michele for their considerable support.