• Flat-style force multiplier kubotan / kubaton tool created by a
self-defense expert and graphic designer
• Recommended by law enforcement and self defense professionals
• Easy to use and effective – Legal, non-lethal self defense solution
• Two defensive options: You can strike with the point and/or whip
with your keys
• Sharp enough to hurt an attacker... yet won't tear the lining of
your pockets or purse
• More versatile than pepper spray, stun guns and other self defense products against a variety of common"street" attacks... even those from behind
• Compact and lightweight – Made of a virtually unbreakable
impact resistant ABS plastic
• Convenient and ready to use immediately
• Travel friendly fashion accessory – can be taken on an airplane
• Sleek, thin ergonomic body fits comfortably in your hand
• No risk of personal injury like pepper spray or stun guns
• Safer around small children
• Decorated on both sides with UV printed, scratch and wear
• Added benefit for women... Makes it easier to find your keys
in your purse
• A collection of 16 stunning designs to choose from...
find the one for you
• Made in the USA with a Lifetime Warranty
• Recommended by the NRA's Refuse to Be A Victim Program
MUNIO Designer Self Defense Keychain VS the competition
When comparing important factors, MUNIO is the consistent leader across the board.
Our mission is to create safer lives and safer communities
other leaders and organizations worldwide that align with our mission to create safer lives and communities.
The MUNIO vision
I’m a martial arts/self defense teacher, and have trained victims of rape and other criminal violence. Sadly, those people came to me for help after they had already been hurt… which to me, is far too late.
I wish that everyone could be prepared, and able, to protect themselves against an attacker. I was so troubled by innocent people being harmed that I felt compelled to create a better solution. One that would empower people with a personal safety advantage, but without lengthy, demanding, traditional martial arts training.
I analyzed the pros and cons of existing self defense tools and envisioned a product that would overcome many obstacles and issues, like: aesthetic appeal, psychological aversion, public perception/social acceptance, practical use and versatility, legality, lethality, accessibility, personal use risk, size, shape and ergonomics.
It was a big challenge, but fortunately I was able to combine my professional skills as both a martial artist and a graphic designer, and created a great solution – the MUNIO Designer Self Defense Keychain.
I chose the name MUNIO, because it comes from a Latin word meaning
“I protect”, or “I defend” and perfectly aligned with my mission. MUNIO merges the simplicity and versatility necessary in an effective self defense tool with the appeal of “designer style.” The attractive result encourages more people to carry MUNIO, enabling an immediate,
easy-to-use personal safety option.
Hopefully, people will simply carry MUNIO as a fashion accessory, and never have to use it for their protection. But, in a threatening situation,
I am confident that MUNIO will work.
Phil Ventrello is a passionate advocate of self defense. He is a martial arts Master Instructor (5th degree black belt) and teaches Chon-Tu Kwan (Combat) Hapkido in Erie, PA. He is a member of the American Women’s Self Defense Association, and was also inducted into the Action Martial Arts Hall of Fame for his outstanding dedication to the martial arts. Phil earned his design and graphic arts degree from Edinboro University. He owns and operates SANCTUS, an art studio which specializes in digital artwork for specialty products. He is a member of the Northwestern Pennsylvania Artists Association.
Supporting the vision
I remember when Phil first introduced the idea of MUNIO to me... and I was SOLD! Having 20 years of sales and marketing experience at the time, I knew this one would be a sure hit.
As a woman, I can understand the reluctance many of us have to carrying a self-defense product – despite knowing it can be a huge safety advantage.
The fact that MUNIO appeals to fashion conscious people and provides them with “safety insurance” makes MUNIO such a great product for
For years I had been searching for a product with a huge purpose, and a partner to share that purpose with. MUNIO’s purpose of saving lives goes beyond the surface. Surviving a violent assault leaves a traumatic mark on that person, as well as their loved ones. Those lives are never the same.
Knowing we can help to prevent that with MUNIO is a purpose I love fighting for. Stay safe!
Michele Vorberger is Phil’s partner. She has over 25 years of sales and marketing experience. She values the lives of others and is proud to support MUNIOs mission of creating safer lives and communities.
Dedication to Mike Ventrello